Soul Comforting and Gut healing, age old recipe based on Ayurvedic principles of healing foods. The best food gift we can give to our bodies when we are feeling the need to heal and nurture.
1 cup xBasmati Rice
- 1 cup x Moong Dhal
- 4 cups x Water
- Cumin Seeds
- Himalyan Salt
- Black Crushed Pepper
- Grass fed organic Butter or Vegan Butter or Clarified butter(Desi Ghee)
- Coriander (or any other herb) for garnishing
Pre Soaking lentils and Rice; an important step as it helps break down hard to digest proteins and makes it easy for the body to absorp the dense nutrients.
Start by melting butter and then adding cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add water, and add the lentils to cook first. Let them cook for 20 mins.
- Then add rice and let it cook for another 20 mins or so and have a feel that they are very soft.
You can top it up with more butter.
- Garnish with any herb you would like, classic corriander always works well for digestion.